OUR SOLAR ECLIPSE TOUR FOR DECEMBER 2020
Our program proposes the observation of the total solar eclipse of December 14, 2020, visible from Chile and Argentina. For the participants we booked an exclusive visit to the Southern European Paranal Observatory, which is home to the Very Large Telescope, consisting of four telescopes of 8.2 meters in diameter each. Cerro Paranal, at 2635 m altitude in the Atacama desert, is universally recognized as the outpost of world astronomical research. Our astronomer will guide us in the visit of the domes of the telescopes. For two nights, in the surroundings of the town of San Pedro de Atacama, we will be able to enjoy the exceptional seeing of the Andean sky to admire and photograph the celestial wonders of the southern hemisphere.
Our tour continues to Argentina, to enjoy interesting places in the norwest, the Humahuaca Canyon and the 7-color hill in Purmamarca. Then, Buenos Aires, the capital city, to finalize visiting Peninsula Valdes, with the incredible rich sealife, penguins, whales, sea lions and the main dish, the incredible Solar Eclipse to be enjoyed in a unique exlusive program next December 14, 2022
DAY 1 – DECEMBER 04, 2020 // SANTIAGO DE CHILE – Arrival to Santiago de Chile
DAY 2 – DECEMBER 05, 2020 // SANTIAGO DE CHILE to CALAMA. Visit to the observatory and then, go to SAN PEDRO DE ATACAMA
DAY 3 – DECEMBER 06, 2020 // SAN PEDRO DE ATACAMA – Visit to the incredible Atacama Desert and Moon Valley
DAY 4 – DECEMBER 07, 2020 // SAN PEDRO DE ATACAMA to PURMAMARCA – We cross to Argentina to overnight and enjoy Humahuaca Canyon
DAY 5 – DECEMBER 08, 2020 // PURMAMARCA – We enjoy the Humahuaca Canyon, Tilcara, Huacalera, Humahuaca and more
DAY 6 – DECEMBER 09, 2020 // SALTA. Today, we visit the incredible route of Train to the Clouds, visiting San Antonio de los Cobres
DAY 7 – DECEMBER 10, 2020 // SALTA to BUENOS AIRES – We arrive to the capital city to visit the incredible Buenos Aires
DAY 8 – DECEMBER 11, 2020 // BUENOS AIRES to TRELEW – We arrive to Trelew, gate to the incredible Peninsula Valdes
DAY 9 – DECEMBER 12, 2020 // PENINSULA VALDES – We visit the incredible sealife in Peninsula Valdes, Penguins, Lions, Whales and more…
DAY 10 – DECEMBER 13, 2020 // TRELEW to VIEDMA – We travel to Viedma, gate to visit the incredible Solar Eclipse tomorrow…
DAY 11 – DECEMBER 14, 2020 // VALCHETA – We enjoy today the incredible show of the Solar Eclipse from Valcheta
DAY 12 – DECEMBER 15, 2020 // VIEDMA to BUENOS AIRES – Return to capital city to enjoy Tango and overnight
DAY 13 – DECEMBER 16, 2020 // BUENOS AIRES – Transfer to airport to go back to home
Please check our detailed dy by day itinerary for our 2020 Solar Eclipse Tour
DAY BY DAY ITINERARY
DAY 1 – SANTIAGO DE CHILE – DECEMBER 04 – 2020 (Dinner)
Arrival to Santiago de Chile Airport and transfer to hotel. Dinner overnight Hotel Torremayor 4* Providencia, inserted in the eastern sector of the urban metropolitan area of Santiago, gives the most cordial welcome, to a garden city, which awaits the visitor with hundreds of attractions, emblematic places full of history and heritage that will welcome you daily. With a quick access to the Arturo Merino Benítez Airport, close to Shopping Centers, Metro Station and multiple sites of commercial and tourist interest, it is transformed into an excellent four-
star hotel. Just over an hour from the ski centers, vineyards of the central area of Chile, beaches and casinos.Visit us, we are waiting for you !!! Considered one of the preferred hotels in the Providencia area, Hotel Torremayor Lyon stands out for its Location, nice architecture, warm decoration and recognized style of service. We incluede a half day city tour visiting the Best of Santiago de Chile and then, transfer to the hotel for overnight.
Accommodation: HOTEL TORREMAYOR LYON 4*
DAY 2 – SANTIAGO – CALAMA – SAN PEDRO – DECEMBER 05 – 2020 (Breakfast, Dinner)
Flight from Santiago to Calama. Bus for the observatory. From the observatory: bus trip to San Pedro de Atacama. Accommodation with breakfast, Hotel Cumbres de San Pedro 4*
Accommodation: HOTEL CUMBRES DE SAN PEDRO 4*
DAY 3 – SAN PEDRO DE ATACAMA – ATACAMA DESERT – DECEMBER 06 – 2020 (breakfast, box dinner)
After breakfast, start excursion to visit Atacama Desert and Moon Valley. We visit the Salar de Atacama (Atacama Salt Flat) with Chaxas and Barros Negros lagoons. We visit Toconao and Valle de Jeri. We arrange a dinner box menú, to enjoy watching the stairs in the desert.
Discover the natural splendor of the Atacama Salt Flats on a full-day tour from San Pedro de Atacama. Accompanied by a knowledgeable guide, visit the luminescent salt flats of Soncor; observe fabulous flocks of brightly colored flamingos in Los Flamenco National Park; and explore the luscious lagoons of Miscanti and Miniques. Feast upon a traditional Chilean lunch in the charming village of Socaire, and browse the bespoke boutiques of Tocanao for special souvenirs and artisan treasures. Day trip from San Pedro de Atacama to the Atacama Salt Flat and Los Flamencos National Reserve Visit the Soncor section of the Atacama Salt Flat See Andean flamingos and other wild birds at Chaxa Lagoon Enjoy great views at Miscanti and Miñiques lagoons, more than 13,000 feet above sea level
Accommodation: HOTEL CUMBRES DE SAN PEDRO
DAY 4 – SAN PEDRO DE ATACAMA – PURMAMARCA – DECEMBER 07 – 2020 (Breakfast, Dinner)
After breakfast, we continue travelling in a regular bus to Purmamarca (Argentina). Arrival to Purmamarca and transfer to hotel. 01 night of accommodation with breakfast, hotel La Comarca + Casa de Adobe Shire, Charming hotel, was built in a privileged location in the beautiful village of Purmamarca, located at the foot of the spectacular Cerro de los Siete Colores and heart of the Quebrada mythical Humahuaca, declared by UNESCO “Cultural Heritage” where the view of the entire environment left speechless those who visit. .. Only 50 km from the city of Jujuy and 180 km from the city of Salta, the color and rich textures of the landscape are the ideal setting subtleties of the Shire Hotel: sublime place of rest and contemplation. Its architectural style is
inspired by the natural environment and culture of the region, recreating an Andean village. In the peace and comfort of accommodation, you can enjoy good food and the encounter with nature and the remains of ancient cultures.
Accommodation: HOTEL LA COMARCA
DAY 5 – PURMAMARCA – HUMAHUACA CANYON – SALTA – DECEMBER 08 – 2020 (Breakfast, Dinner)
After breakfast, we start excursion to the incredible Humahuaca Canyon, UNESCO World
Heritage. We enjoy the
incredible spectacle of Argentinian Northwest… We will visit Tilcara, Humahuaca, etc.
Immerse yourself in the landscape and culture of the Humahuaca Gorge region during this 13-
hour excursion from Salta. Skip the hassle of renting a car with included round-trip
transportation from your hotel. With your guide in the lead, visit highlights of the region
including the Uquia Chapel, the town of Purmamarca, and Seven Colors Hill. 13-hour day trip
to the Humahuaca Gorge area from Salta See the regional highlights and landmarks Skip the
hassle of driving and travel in a comfortable minibus Pickup and drop-off at Salta hotels
Arrival to Salta. 2 nts of accommodation with breakfast, Hotel Casa Real 4*.
Located in the heart of Salta, this hotel is within a 10-minute walk of Train to the Clouds,
Cathedral of Salta, and Alta Montana Archaeological Museum (MAAM). Museum of
Contemporary Art and Cabildo of Salta are also within 15 minutes. Salta Station is 9 minutes by
foot.. The hotel offers a restaurant, an indoor pool, and a fitness center are available at this
smoke-free hotel. Buffet breakfast is free. Additionally, a bar/lounge, a coffee shop/café, and a
spa tub are onsite
Accommodation: HOTEL SHERATON SALTA
DAY 6 – SALTA – DECEMBER 9 – 2020 (Breakfast, Dinner)
After breakfast, free day. Optional tour to San Antonio de los Cobres
Accommodation: HOTEL SHERATON SALTA
DAY 7 – BUENOS AIRES – DECEMBER 10 – 2020 (Breakfast, Dinner)
Transfer to airport to take flight back to Buenos Aires. Arrival and city tour visiting the Best of Buenos Aires. Then, transfer to hotel. Overnight hotel Scala Buenos Aires 4*
Accommodation: HOTEL SCALA BUENOS AIRES
DAY 8 – BUENOS AIRES – TRELEW – PUERTO MADRYN – DECEMBER 11 – 2020 (Breakfast, Dinner)
In the morning, Free time until transfer to airport to take flight to Trelew. Arrival and transfer to Hotel Rayentray 4* – 2 nts of accommodation with breakfast
Accommodation: RAYENTRAY HOTEL
DAY 9 – PENINSULA VALDES – DECEMBER 12 – 2020 (Breakfast, Dinner)
After breakfast, full day tour to Peninsula Valdes Reserve, including visit of Puerto Pirámides, Caleta Valdes and Punta Delgada. Boat navigation to enjoy whales included.
Accommodation: RAYENTRAY HOTEL
DAY 10 – PUERTO MADRYN – LAS GRUTAS – DECEMBER 13 – 2020 (Breakfast, Dinner)
Transfer by bus to Las Grutas
Accommodation: HOTEL MAREAS
DAY 11 – LAS GRUTAS – VALCHETA – DECEMBER 14 – 2020 (Breakfast, Box Lunch, Dinner)
Transfer by bus to Valcheta, for the incredible Solar Eclypse. Assistance, guide for Eclipse time.
Accommodation: HOTEL MAREAS
DAY 12 – LAS GRUTAS – TRELEW – BUENOS AIRES – DECEMBER 15 – 2020 (Breakfast, Dinner)
transfer to airport in Trelew, for your flight to Buenos Aires. Arrival and transfer to Hotel Pestana in Buenos Aires. Overnight & Dinner Tango Show in La Ventana
Accommodation: HOTEL SCALA BUENOS AIRES
DAY 13 – BUENOS AIRES – DECEMBER 16 – 2020 (Breakfast)
Free time until transfer to airport
PRICES FOR 2020 SOLAR ECLIPSE TOUR IN PATAGONIA
Price per person, in double basis, USD 3450
Single Supplement, USD 1190
Internal flights: Santiago – Calama x Salta – Buenos Aires – Trelew – Buenos Aires, USD 950
** Please check with us for discounts on groups of 4 people or more **
If you`re interested in booking our 2020 Solar Eclipse Tour, please fill the form below
Schedule of payment:
Downpayment of USD 200.- immediately to reconfirm seats in the tour
October 5th, 2020: Second payment of USD 1000.- to reconfirm internal flights and hotels
November 10th, 2020: Balance payment
SolarEclipseTours.com is a website of RipioTurismo, and the following general conditions fully conform to Law 18829, Decree 2182/72, Resolution 404/72. RIPIO EVT, OF IDEAS TURÍSTICAS S.R.L., Dossier No. 10687, located at Jorge Newbery 3466 – office 503, Buenos Aires, Argentina, hereinafter the company, hereby sets forth its general operation conditions for the provision of tourist services:
1. Knowledge of conditions set forth: when the passenger (as well as any person who has a reservation under the passenger’s name) sends his reservation and it is accepted by RIPIO EVT, it is understood that he agrees to and accepts all the conditions set out in this contract and certifies that the information supplied in the reservation card is complete and true The company, on accepting the reservation, agrees to fulfill its obligations as set forth herein.
2. Reservations: reservations received shall be confirmed once the passenger :
A) Sends the reservation providing as much information as possible. We must be immediately informed of any changes in the information the passenger has furnished. The passenger can send the reservation by mail, e-mail or through our web site.
B) Pays a deposit of USD 200 to reconfirm and reserve seats. Then, we will set two following dates for second payment and balance. You can check that information in PRICES. Payment shall be made to our international account or by bank transfer to our accounts with national banks. We accept Paypal too
3. Reservation confirmation: once A and B are completed so that the passenger’s reservation can be formalized, RIPIO EVT shall send the passenger via e-mail confirmation of his reservation. A week before the trip, we shall send the passenger by e-mail information on the hotel, contact telephone numbers, list of passengers and related data in a voucher service.
4. Payment of the balance due: the balance due must be necessarily paid for before undertaking the trip. The balance due be paid in cash.
5. Prices: all prices advertised in the company’s publications are quoted in US dollars and subject to changes without prior notice. Passengers shall pay the price quoted at the moment the reservation is accepted. Prices shall not be subject to changes only if the trip is paid in full (in cash) when the reservation is made. Otherwise, the company reserves the right to change the final price of the program without prior notice. Such changes shall arise from market fluctuations that may affect the cost structure. All price increases shall be paid for prior to the date of departure.
6. Reservation changes: if the passenger wishes to make changes in a reservation that has already been confirmed, he shall do so in writing. Passengers shall have to pay a penalty of U$S 50 per person when they make any such changes.
7. Reservation cancellation: cancellations shall be made in writing, without exception, and passengers shall be refunded the price of the trip after a deduction of cancellation charges. The cancellation date shall be the date RIPIO EVT. is dully notified by the passenger. The sum to be refunded to the passenger shall be paid by the company at the company’s premises within 30 days of the date notice was given of the cancellation. If cancellation notice is received 30 days prior to departure, 30% of the down payment made on the reservation shall be deducted to cover administrative expenses. If notice is received within 30 days prior to departure, the company shall retain the total down payment.
8. Changes made by the company prior to departure: the company may change itineraries, services, departure dates, etc. either in order to provide a better service, or because of acts of God or unforeseen circumstances. Unforeseen circumstances include: strikes, earthquakes, civil war, quarantine, revolutions, fires, adverse meteorological conditions, epidemics, bad road conditions o breakage’s, these being just illustrative. The company reserves the right to cancel the trip due to unforeseen circumstances or because the minimum number of people required to participate in
the program has not been reached. In such a case the passenger will be informed in writing and he may opt for:
a) Demanding that he be refunded the full price paid to us.
b) Deciding on an alternative trip and pay an additional sum of money or get a refund, whatever the case may be, if there is a price difference.
9. Documentation: it is the passenger’s responsibility to obtain his visa to enter the country of destination. The company is not to be held responsible if the passenger is refused, for reasons inherent to him, an entry visa or if entrance to a given country is not allowed because he has failed to comply with essential requirements or because there is something wrong with his passport. Any expenses arising thereof shall be fully borne by the passenger. The conditions set forth for voluntary cancellation of the service shall apply.
10. Luggage: the luggage and personal effects shall be, at all times, the passenger’s responsibility and at his own risk.
11. Services included: the company binds itself to render during the trip those services that are included and detailed in the information furnished in each program.
12. Services not included: the company is not bound to pay for incidentals, beverages, phone calls, laundry, tips, food during transportation, tickets for recreational centers, parks and natural reserves, etc., nor for any other service that has not been dully specified in the program.
13. Unused services: the price of the program is quoted as a package, so no refund or compensation shall be given for non-use of certain services such as hotel stays, transportation, or any other service that is included in the trip and has not been used by the passenger.
14. The company acting as an “intermediary”: When the company acts as an intermediary between the passengers and transportation companies, hotels, medical coverage, restaurants, etc., and if any of them fails to provide services, it undertakes to take the necessary steps to assure successful completion of the trip such as hiring new service providers, withholding payments to those who failed to meet their obligations, etc. The company shall not be held responsible for services provided by third parties.
15. Health: Passengers must be in good health and physical condition. Passengers are responsible for having checkups and the company is not to be held responsible in case they have not been completed.. However, it is the passenger’s responsibility to bring along medicine that has been specifically prescribed to him.
16. Complaints: neither RIPIO EVT nor service providers shall accept a formal complaint unless it is made in writing within 15 days after the trip has ended.
17. Insurance: travel insurance is not included in the price of the program. RIPIO EVT strongly recommends passengers to get travel insurance.
18. Limitation of our obligations: our obligation in connection with any event or failure shall be limited to and shall not exceed the price of the trip.
19. Applicable law and jurisdiction: these conditions and the annexes attached hereto shall be exclusively governed by regulations in force. Any conflict shall be settled by the Ordinary Courts of the First Judicial District of Buenos Aires, and excludes any other court and/or jurisdiction, especially the Federal court and/or jurisdiction.